: BUSINESS INFO I :
in the news
The Airport maintained its status as the world’s busiest passenger airport in 2010, with more than 89 million passengers, and also was the world’s busiest in terms of landings and takeoffs (more than 950,000 in 2010).
These numbers were reported in late January by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Global Atlanta and the Henry Daily Herald.
In other news:
- The Airport’s Concessions Industry Day event on January 19, at which City of Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson representatives shared information about upcoming concessions opportunities with prospective concessionaires and the public, received coverage from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the SaportaReport blog.
- One Flew South, the upscale restaurant on Concourse E, continued to generate widespread kudos. Just before the holidays, Esquire magazine listed it among the 10 best airport restaurants in the world.
- Cargoitalia’s plans to become Hartsfield-Jackson’s 15th all-cargo airline were reported by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Atlanta Business Chronicle in January.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported January 13 on an innovative advertising strategy — placing Oscar Mayer ads on the baggage carousels — at Hartsfield-Jackson.
- Clayton News Daily on January 16 ran a story about the Airport’s new electric shuttle carts that serve the passengers in the on-site parking lots.
© 2011 Hartsfield-Jackson News. A Publication from Hartsfield-Jackson
Atlanta International Airport. All rights reserved.