: BUSINESS INFO I :
in the news
When U.S. Rep. John Lewis returned home — on his birthday, February 21 — from a trip during which he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, an enthusiastic crowd welcomed and congratulated him at Hartsfield-Jackson. Several media representatives were on hand to document the event.
Among those covering the reception were The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which wrote about the event in the Political Insider blog and included a photo of Lewis in its week-in-photos feature, and WAGA-TV Channel 5.
In other news:
- One Flew South on Concourse E continued to build an impressive résumé of favorable media mentions. The Charleston City Paper in South Carolina featured the restaurant and its chef on February 26, and USA Today published a story on February 28 about the top 10 airport restaurants as chosen by Frommer’s.
- The Airport’s upcoming renovation of its food and beverage concessions was covered by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on February 24.
- The Huffington Post blog’s “Know Before You Go” series on February 3 featured a detailed guide to Hartsfield-Jackson, which included recommendations for eateries and other concessions to visit.
- Air Cargo World on February 10 published an account of Cargoitalia’s debut at Hartsfield-Jackson.
- The Jaunted blog on February 2 included a glowing review of the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine on Concourse T.
- Air Transport World published a lengthy piece about the strategies behind the location and planning of the international terminal.
- The Henry Daily Herald on February 16 posted a story about the economic opportunities that the Airport generates for the surrounding area.
© 2011 Hartsfield-Jackson News. A Publication from Hartsfield-Jackson
Atlanta International Airport. All rights reserved.