: BUSINESS INFO I :
in the news
Hartsfield-Jackson’s introduction of quick response (QR) codes to offer discounts and deals to passengers attracted attention from several media outlets.
After a news conference to introduce the new technology and its Airport application on April 19, the story was reported by WGCL Channel 46 (story not available online), The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Aviation Week, Cheapflights.com and AviationNews.net.
In other news:
- The Atlanta Magazine April issue ran a feature on Abra Lee, the Airport’s landscape manager, in which she offered tips on using “tough love” to get good results with plants.
- On April 10, the SaportaReport blog explored the economic boon that is expected to result from the Airport’s new concessions contracts.
- Creative Loafing on April 10 tipped readers to the Airport’s YouTube channel, especially highlighting a video showing progress on construction of the Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal.
- The overseas journey of a Putzmeister concrete truck, which began at Hartsfield-Jackson with its loading onto an Antonov AN-124 cargo transport aircraft on April 8, was covered by WAGA Channel 5, WSB-TV Channel 2 (story not available online) and the Associated Press.
- Plans for a non-airline-specific passenger lounge and additional sleep units as part of the new concessions packages were reported on April 8 by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and WSB-TV Channel 2 (story not available online).
- The Airport’s new “Recycle Runway” exhibit, which showcases clothing made from recycled and reclaimed materials, was featured in USA Today on April 12 and the TERMINAL U blog on April 14.
- Cheapflights.com on April 13 reported on Hartsfield-Jackson’s new shuttle buses that are powered by compressed natural gas.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Biz Beat blog on April 14 discussed the Airport’s role in attracting new businesses to the metro area and boosting the economy.
- USA Today on April 20 explored the trend toward building aerotropolises (airport-centered cities); the developments around Hartsfield-Jackson featured prominently in the article.
- Aviation Week on April 26 ran a story about the Airport’s reinvigorated relationship with its largest tenant, Delta Air Lines.
- The American Association of Airport Executives’ April/May issue of Airport Magazine included an in-depth story about the progress on the international terminal and the activation team behind the scenes.
- The international terminal also got coverage from the Green Building Chronicle, which ran an article on May 1 about the facility’s quest for LEED Silver status.
© 2011 Hartsfield-Jackson News. A Publication from Hartsfield-Jackson
Atlanta International Airport. All rights reserved.