: BUSINESS INFO I :
in the news
Hartsfield-Jackson’s successful June included two top awards – and widespread media coverage about the awards.
Executive Travel magazine’s May/June issue named Hartsfield-Jackson a Gold winner for Top Domestic Airport in its Leading Edge awards. The honor also was reported by WSB-TV Channel 2 (not available online), WXIA-TV Channel 11 and the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
In late June, the Air Transport Research Society (ATRS) again selected Hartsfield-Jackson as the world’s most efficient airport, giving the Airport not only the Global and North American Airport Efficiency Excellence Award but also a new award, the North American Airport Cost-Competitive Excellence Award. The Atlanta Business Chronicle and GlobalAtlanta reported on the ATRS awards.
In other news:
- The Atlanta Business Chronicle on June 6 reported on the upcoming renovation of Hartsfield-Jackson’s Concourse D. The Concourse D project also was part of a June 6 Henry Daily Herald story about expansion projects at Hartsfield-Jackson.
- Aviation General Manager Louis Miller was among the 100 Most Influential Atlantans in a list compiled by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Big planes were big news in June. While WAGA-TV Fox 5 and WSB-TV Channel 2 (not available online) reported on the Boeing 747-8 at Hartsfield-Jackson on a June 17 certification flight, the prospect of A380 operations in the near future received coverage from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Cheapflights.com prepared its readers for the busy summer travel season by sharing tips for negotiating and enjoying Hartsfield-Jackson.
- GlobalAtlanta, Business Wire and Aviation News reported in late June on the A+ ratings from Fitch Ratings for recent Airport revenue bonds.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution addressed the question of a potential second airport in metro Atlanta with an article and a blog on June 27.
- Hartsfield-Jackson’s recent developments in concessions — including QR codes and videophones — drew media interest in June. Cheapflights.com, WXIA-TV Channel 11’s Hapeville community site, Atlanta Music Guide and the Stuck at the Airport blog reported on the MiMuzicBox and U*tique kiosks and the addition of videophones. WXIA-TV Channel 11 reported on the special offers available at Airport concessions through the new QR code program.
- The Airport again had zero discrepancies in its annual Federal Aviation Administration inspection, and WGCL-TV Channel 5 shared this news on June 13.
© 2011 Hartsfield-Jackson News. A Publication from Hartsfield-Jackson
Atlanta International Airport. All rights reserved.