: BUSINESS INFO I :
in the news
Hartsfield-Jackson’s good news about increased cargo flights in 2011, compared with the previous year, brought a flurry of media coverage. The news was covered by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, GlobalAtlanta and MSNBC in early September.
Air Cargo World went a step further, with a September 9 story that looked behind the numbers to explore the reasons for cargo growth in Atlanta.
In other news:
- The 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks prompted several media to examine the state of security in airports today. Hartsfield-Jackson’s Richard Duncan, interim assistant general manager for Operations, Maintenance and Security, weighed in on the topic in a roundup of experts on SecurityInfoWatch.com. WABE-FM 90.1 on September 6 spotlighted the security changes at the world’s busiest airport in the last 10 years.
- What lies ahead for Hartsfield-Jackson? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on August 31 reported on the Airport’s intent to lay the groundwork for future development by creating an updated master plan.
- Navigating through airports can be a challenge, especially for people with disabilities. Hartsfield-Jackson’s efforts to assist autistic adults through a trial run were covered in a front-page Atlanta Journal-Constitution Living & Arts article on October 2 (also available online) and by OzarksFirst.com/CNN Health Minute on September 9.
- The renaming of Aviation Boulevard to honor former Mayor Maynard H. Jackson Jr. gained coverage from the Atlanta Business Chronicle and Clayton News Dailyin late September.
- Balram Bheodari, interim deputy general manager at Hartsfield-Jackson, had retired from the U.S. military after more than 20 years before he started working at the Airport. A September 24 Atlanta Journal-Constitution feature on the former helicopter pilot explored what drew him to Hartsfield-Jackson and where he sees the Airport going from here.
- The Airport’s acclaimed restaurant on Concourse E, One Flew South, earned more kudos on September 15, when The Street proclaimed it one of the leaders in a movement toward top-notch dining at airports nationwide.
© 2011 Hartsfield-Jackson News. A Publication from Hartsfield-Jackson
Atlanta International Airport. All rights reserved.