: BUSINESS INFO I:
in the news
The Airport’s pilot project to install water refilling stations for passengers’ reusable bottles received significant attention from the media.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, WSB-TV Channel 2, Jaunted.com and the Associated Press covered the stations, which are designed to provide an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic water bottles.
In other news:
- Airport employee Michael Haynes’ participation in the annual AJC Peachtree Road Race just one year after a heart transplant earned coverage from WXIA-TV Channel 11.
- A CNN story about airports with impressive art collections featured the pieces in the international terminal, particularly “Veneers” by Amy Landesberg.
- The July 4 holiday brought out patriotic displays throughout the nation, including a large American flag hoisted by Airport firefighters. WGCL-TV Channel 46 covered the story.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on several improvements planned throughout the Airport, including upgrades to escalators and elevators.
- The Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal continues to be big news. Two stories — one an overview of the international terminal and the other a study of the activation process leading up to the opening — appeared in Airport Improvement magazine. Travel and Leisure wrote about the terminal in a story on the “coolest new airport terminals,” and Bill Kinney of the Marietta Daily Journal focused most of a column about the Airport on its gleaming new gateway.
- A Georgia Public Broadcasting story outlined the huge economic impact of the state’s airports, particularly Hartsfield-Jackson.
- When Executive Travel magazine named Hartsfield-Jackson the nation’s best domestic airport, GlobalAtlanta and the Atlanta Business Chronicle shared the good news.
- Hartsfield-Jackson’s speedy response to the need for improved wheelchair accessibility at the international terminal impressed the couple who brought attention to the situation and warranted a complimentary story by WXIA-TV Channel 11.
- The extension of Runway 27R was covered by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Aviation News and WSB-TV Channel 2 (not available online).
- The Clayton News Daily published a story about a public workshop to elicit input into the Airport’s master plan process.
- Silver Airways’ debut at Hartsfield-Jackson was reported by WGCL-TV Channel 46 (not available online) and the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.
© 2012 Hartsfield-Jackson News. A Publication from Hartsfield-Jackson
Atlanta International Airport. All rights reserved.