: BUSINESS INFO I:
in the news
An upcoming project to improve roadways leading to the domestic terminal got official clearance when Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed signed a contract recently, and the media noted the significance of the development.
The construction and reconfiguration project, which was set to begin on September 1 and will take two years to complete, was reported by WGCL-TV Channel 46, WXIA-TV Channel 11, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
In other news:
- Hartsfield-Jackson was a Pinterest pioneer by being among the first airports to have a presence on the burgeoning social media site. Its work drew praise from Caseyflies Media, a blog about airports’ social media, digital marketing and public relations.
- Air Cargo World reported on the current cargo situation at Hartsfield-Jackson as well as potential for growth as the Airport looks to expand service into South America.
- The Clayton News Daily published a story about a task force formed to focus on the Airport’s role in boosting the economy of the area around it.
- The most recent set of student artwork to appear at the Airport’s Atlanta Personnel Assistance Point drew coverage from WGCL-TV Channel 46.
- The SaportaReport blog and The Atlanta Journal-Constitutionreported on a concessionaire’s plan to convert Airport BlackBerry stores into iTravel stores, which sell Apple products and are in only one other airport in the nation.
© 2012 Hartsfield-Jackson News. A Publication from Hartsfield-Jackson
Atlanta International Airport. All rights reserved.