in the news
The media “flocked” to report on Hartsfield-Jackson’s recruitment of sheep and goats to graze down an overgrown plot of land.
Locally, all four network affiliates — WAGA-TV Channel 5, WSB-TV Channel 2, WXIA-TV Channel 11 and WGCL-TV Channel 46 (not available online) — reported on the event, as did WSB 750 AM, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Clayton News Daily.
The story also was covered nationally by NBC News, USA Today, SmartPlanet and local news affiliates throughout the nation, including stations in California, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Virginia, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Louisiana and South Carolina.
In other news:
- A Wall Street Journal article and Driver’s Seat blog (with video) documented Delta Air Lines’ surprise Porsche escorts for top-level frequent fliers who are making flight connections at Hartsfield-Jackson.
- A Reuters article covered the introduction of Tumi and other upscale retailers at airports, including Hartsfield-Jackson.
- WGCL-TV Channel 46 reported on an 8-year-old boy’s patriotism and appreciation for U.S. soldiers at Hartsfield-Jackson. The heartwarming story was picked up by the Daily Mail in England.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran a story about the Airport’s efforts to prevent incidents on runways and taxiways and keep ground operations safe.
- Creative Loafing named the Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal the “best gateway to somewhere better” in its Best of Atlanta listing.
- AviationPros.com posted a Globe Newswire report about predictions for growth among airports. The report indicated that Hartsfield-Jackson’s passenger growth will be the highest in the nation between 2012 and 2017.
- GlobalAtlanta reported on the international terminal’s 2012 Award of Excellence from the Urban Land Institute Atlanta.